Intro - Short but Sweet

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
So many interesting things happen around us, Why not write about few of them?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Engineer To Artist?


A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.”

Yes, I believe this sentence very much. Few days back, it was a saturday, I was returning after my TT game. I heard some drums and music and somehow I was driven to that chaos. To my surprise I saw 4 guys, 2 playing guitars and the other 2 playing drums. Drums made of all the waste household material. And I couldn't believe what I was hearing!! So much of enthusiasm, so much of vigor, such a perfection and so much of passion.. The output was simply mind blowing! I dont understand music much but can surely point out if somethings out-railed. But, these guys had an amazingly synchronized and disciplined performance.. These were THE Artists.

That moment I realized, Passionate people inspire me. I always find artists passionate. No doubt, I always wished to be an Artist.
Being an Engineer, I came across many intelligent brains, talented people, smart asses. But trust me, no one inspired me as much as I got inspired by a road painter, right across the corner, sketching a tree! He was deeply involved in his thoughts and his sketching and his work. Ah! I wished if I could feel what he was feeling.

Can I wish to have THIS feeling forever?
Can I do ONLY those things which I LIKE?
Will I be able to satisfy my thirst of becoming an artist?

Time has all the answers.


1 comment: